Marketing Communications Strategy
How do you get more out of existing customers? Find new ones? Entice back the folks who haven’t bought from you in a while?
Tell them a great story of why they can’t possibly live without you. Simple. Work out an irresistible benefit. And then tell people about it.
STEPS TO DEVELOPING A MARCOM STRATEGY
- Which target market are you going after? Pitch one or two keys benefits to your ideal client.
- Never promise the world to everyone.
- Create an attention–grabbing reason customers must contact or buy from you.
- What fantastic offer of price, product, place or promotion do you want to tell people about?
- Purchasing Cycle/Advertising–is your message designed to
- build Awareness of something new,
- entice Interest in a product folks already know about,
- give reasons they should Desire it,
- or ultimately climax into a Call to Action.
- Does your message fit your brand?
- Tell the story/message in a compelling way.
- Adapt your message for the appropriate distribution channel. Encourage folks to spread the word.
Share the Message/Story
- Which media channels do your target audience use?
- Measurement–design campaigns with built in metrics to assess effectiveness.
- Budget and prioritise from options including: –
- traditional broadcast and outdoor media
- On-line and Social Media
- Media Relations. Generating free publicity through press releases, events, PR.
- On-line marketing, optimized sites
- Web Search Term, pay per click and impressions
- Direct Response Radio/TV
- Trade Shows
- Brand Collateral in print and promotional materials.
- Point of Sale
- Trade Shows
- Direct Mail and Insert Media
- Mobile Phone marketing
- Viral marketing
- Voice-mail marketing
- Face to Face personal selling/Customer Relations
- Directory listings
- Grassroots Community Marketing and Public Relations
Whether you’re a Start Up needing overall strategy or a Mid-Sized established business looking for a refreshing new way to get your message across, let’s get together and work out where you are, where you want to be and how to get you there.