How you create and implement your Marketing and Marketing Communications Strategy is your corporate Mission, the Middle of your Corporate Story–setting a winning formula of Price, Product, Place, Promotion and Publicity.
marinaMmedia consults on how to fulfill your Mission and to fuel creative ideas (always based on data) to get you from where you are to where you want to be. To do so, you need the basics: –
- Vision Statement
- Mission Statement
- Company & Brand Values
- Brand Creation and Implementation
- Tag Line
- Positioning Statement
Like any good story, there will be many obstacles along the way. That’s the drama. Good stories are all about how you tackle the hurdles, determined by the Values of your company and what your Brand stands for. You achieve your mission by developing the right skills and strategies to overcome the barriers. Then it’s all about how you get up if you fall and what you learn in the process. Until, eventually, you learn by any mistakes, slay the dragon and meet a handsome prince or profit.
Creating a Mission Statement
A Mission Statement tells the story of the organisation’s overall purpose: –
- What do we do?
- How do we to achieve it?
- Your Mission Statement sets the riverbanks of your overall Marketing Strategy, designed every step of the way to drive your target market to your website/ store/point of purchase and to convert them into customers once they get there. We measure each of those steps so you know exactly how much your strategy costs, how well it works and how we can make it even better.
- How do we measure success?
Your turn. Fill in the blanks.
- What does your organization “win” at?” What do you do brilliantly, every day?
- How does what you do brilliantly differentiate you from competitors and give customers a reason to buy into your brand.
- Define the key measures of success. Three is good enough.
- Combine your winning idea and measure of success into a goal/outcome.
- Refine the wording until the idea, measure of success and desired outcome merge into one easy to read phrase.
- Keep it short.